Hello Everyone!






Hello! 

Thank you for coming to visit my blog, I hope you enjoy my posts.

I want to start with a small introduction of myself, and then I will continue to post reviews of books that I read in my spare time. I mostly read historical fiction, with some non-fiction (history, Indigenous themes, auto-/biographies, etc.), and I may even throw in some children's books from time to time. I would love to hear feedback so please feel free to comment, or even suggest a book that you would like me to review.

About Me:

My name is Michelle and I am a 26-year-old mother and university student. I very much enjoy reading and writing in my spare time, and usually read one or two books per month, depending on how busy I am with school. I also write a variety of things, but mostly novels. I have just completed my draft of my first novel, an historical fiction story about two women in different times, and am working with a freelance editor to enhance it. I also write short stories, essays, and (now) book reviews!

I have many interests, including biology, environmental science, zoology, history, art (particularly drawing and literature), baking, camping, fishing, and archery. Some of my favorite authors are Kate Morton (who will be reviewed soon!), Kimberley Freeman, Lucinda Riley, Diana Gabaldon, J.K. Rowling, and Greg Isles. Some great books that I've read recently have included:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

All the Light we cannot See by Anthony Doerr

Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan

Seven Fallen Feathers by Tanya Talaga

The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline

Fatal Decision: Edith Cavell by Terry Arthur

My favorite book at the moment is: Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain



Related image

I have an interesting history because I had my son when I was only seventeen years old. Since then I've been a single mother and have obtained my G.E.D, a college diploma, and an honors degree in biology and Indigenous Studies. I am currently studying to become an intermediate/senior teacher (grades 7-12). I also work part-time from home for an Indigenous historical researcher, where I mostly transcribe very old documents, and conduct Indigenous and genealogical research. I hope to be able to continue my writing well into the future - I have a passion for historical fiction and am swamped with book ideas. I am currently working on my second novel.

Please feel free to comment with book suggestions, thoughts and questions, or email me if you would like to have your book review or writing published: intothewordpool@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts